Dr. Sanjay Shah, President POS 2016-17
Respected Seniors, colleges and my dear friends,
It is a great honor for me to head such a prestigious society as President. It is all because of your kind support in electing me to this post.The previous year was an excellent one and it has happened because of sincere leadership of our past President Dr. MadhavBhat. He has raised the academic bar to a new level and made my task even more challenging. But I assure you that I, along with my managing committee, shall rise up to the occasion and make the coming year enriched and entertaining, both academically and non academically.
My motto for the year is “SAFE SIGHT” which to me means, for us to learn to prevent and manage complications so as to give the best possible visual outcome to the patient and to maintain proper surgical records so as to be medico-legally safe.
This year I have planned many academic programs and to highlight a few
– As a tradition, the first clinical meeting will be held on 30th April along with the Program arranged by National Institute of Ophthalmology.
– This year we are planning to have stand-alone clinical meetings, with the intension to have good discussion about the cases presented and to have a useful take-home message.
– This years’ Annual Conference is planned on the 17 & 18 th of Dec. at Hotel Le Meridian, with the theme “Overcoming Complications in Ophthalmic Surgeries”. We are fortunate to have the eminent Cataract surgeon, Dr. Prof Chee from SNEC Singapore, as our esteemed faculty member.
– We will have first of its kind – a 3D Cataract and oculoplasty surgical Workshop, in Pune.
– Overseas CME at Bhutan in first week of November. Already many members have confirmed their participation.
– As part of our commitment to Society at large, we will arrange Public Education programs on Eye Donation / Diabetic Retinopathy and Glaucoma awareness .
On the Non-academic front
– We will have Garba and entertainment program during Dassera,
– for Fitness lovers (or should I say fitness freaks) we have planned Trekking and Cycling event and sports in the later part of the year.
The managing committee will always be open to any worthwhile suggestion from the members. Please feel free to contact me if you think of any workable idea which will help the members and the Society.
I request my wife and family to spare me this year as, to quote Pandit Nehru: “I have miles to go before I sleep” as far as the POS will be concerned.
Once again I would like to thank each and every member of our society. I seek your wholehearted and positive support during my tenure
I Thank You All
Dr. Sanjay Shah