POS MEMBERS : ACHIEVEMENTS IN 2012-2013
Dr. SANDESH DOSHI (PRESIDENT, POS 2012-2013)
1. Completed BRM 200 (200Km of cycling in 10Hrs) for the second time. The route was The route was Univ of Pune -> Lavasa Top -> Chandani chowk -> Lonavla market -> Pune (22 Sept 2012)
2. SECOND Prize in Pune Bicycle championship – Sinhagad race in 40+ Hybrid Men category. Last time in Jan 2012, he had got first prize in 50+Men hybrid category. (28th Oct. 2012)
3. FIRST Prize in Sinhagad climbing competition of IMA sports 2012-13. Actual Sinhagad climb time–34Mins. (9th Dec. 2012)
4. Ran FULL MARATHON (42.195Kms) during the recently held Standard Chartered Mumbai Marathon in 05:30 Hrs. (20th Jan 2013)
5. Won FIRST Prize in ENDURO3 (9th Feb 2013).
6. Gave a talk on Management of Retinal detachment in high myopia with Silicon Oil surgery at MOSCON, Oct 2012, Mahabaleshwar.
7. Presented Videos : Silicon Oil injection (PFCL-SO Exch) in RD with high myope with aphakia and 20G Sutureless Silicon Oil Removal surgery at the Navale Hospital RETINA CME 10th March 2013.
8. Talk on SICS after Retinal Detachment surgery at the Community Ophthalmology conference at HV Desai eye hospital, 3-4 Nov. 2012.
Dr. PARIKSHIT GOGATE (SECRETARY, POS 2012-2013)
1. Chaired two sessions on pediatric cataract and conducted instruction course on manual small incision cataract surgery at the World Ophthalmology Congress at Abu Dhabi in 2012.
2. Participated in an eye camp in Baramati under leadership of Prof. T.P.Lahane and Prof. Parikh. The team performed 279 small incision cataract surgeries a day on 21st July 2012.
3. Won the best research poster prize amongst 450 entries from 82 countries at the 9th General Assembly of the International Assembly for the Prevention of Blindness at Hyderabad in September 2012 – barriers to follow-up in pediatric cataract surgery, what influence the outcome of pediatric cataract surgery.
4. Taught phacoemulsification and manual small incision cataract surgery abroad the ORBIS Flying Eye Hospital at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in October 2012.
5. Organised the leadership development program at the Maharashtra Ophthalmology Society’s annual conference at Mahabaleshwar.
6. Lead instructor for a instruction course on manual small incision cataract surgery at the American Academy of Ophthalmology’s annual meet at Chicago in November 2013. Three presentations on pediatric cataract surgery
7. Won the Dr. Madhusudan Jhamwar Prize for a young ophthalmologist doing work in community eye care, teaching and research.
8. Won the Indian Journal of Ophthalmology’s Silver Award for best published manuscript of 2011 in IJO on glaucoma blindness at the Asia-Pacific Academy of Ophthalmology & AIOS annual conference in January 2013. Taught at instruction course on phaco-SICS
9. Invited to the editorial board of Indian Journal of Ophthalmology and Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology and Research
10. Completed the Secretary-ship of Poona Ophthalmology Society
Dr. MEDHA PRABHUDESAI (EDITOR, POSTER POS-2012-2013)
1. Lecture on End stage Glaucoma – Glaucoma CME, POS at Pune ,April 2012
2. Conducted Interactive session on Glaucoma Management -POS, Pune, May 2012
3. Conducted CME – Medical management of Glaucoma at Solapur July 2012
4. Conducted CME – Medical management of Glaucoma at Kolhapur July 2012
5. Conducted Instruction course – Progression of Glaucoma on OCT at Annual Conference of GSI( Glaucoma Society of India )-Oct 2012
6. Role of Non Prostaglandin medications : Symposium on Medical Management of Glaucoma – Oct 2012, MOS Annual Conference, Mahabaleshwar
7. Medical Management of Glaucoma -Glaucoma Symposium, POS Annual Conference, Pune, Dec 2012
Dr. SANTOSH BHIDE (Vice President, POS 2012-13)
Was awarded the Honorary “Fellow All India Collegium of Ophthalmology” ( FAICO) of AIOS, in Cataract & Phaco-emulsification.
Dr. JEEVAN LADI (Past President POS and Chairman, Scientific Committee of MOS)
Was elected unopposed as the second Vice President of MOS in July 2012.
Dr. BABAN DOLAS
1. 200 km cycling (BRM) activity from Pune to Wai via Mandhardevi & back. This is toughest BRM route in India. Out of 13
participants only 6 including me could complete this event in 13 hours.
2. Participatated in following two Pune bicycle championships & successfully completed it:
(i) Sinhgad from Donaje phata (12 km)
(ii) Lavasa from base (12 km)
3. In IMA sports events, came second in Sinhgad Climbing. 4. Participated in Pune international marathon for 10K run & completed in 1hr7min.
DR. RAMESH MURTHY
1. Physician Recognition Award from the American Medical Association, January 2013.
2. LEO Award from the American Academy of Ophthalamology, January 2013.
3. Best Video Award in the 5th Annual Conference of the Poona Ophthalmological Society, Pune, 23rd December 2012.
4. Second Prize in Mrs Shubhada Narayan Kulkarni Quiz competition, 5th Annual Conference of the Poona Ophthalmological Society, Pune, 23rd December 2012.
5. Excellence Award for contribution to Strabismus from the Strabismological Society of India, 2012
6. Dr Hanumantha Reddy, Best Video Award at the 19th Annual Conference of the Strabismological Society of India and Pediatric Ophthalmology Update, Rohtak Haryana, 1st December 2012.
7. Bell Pharma Award 2012 from the Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society for Innovation in Ophthalmic Surgery
8. INTERNATIONAL INVITES: Invited as Faculty at APAO/SOE meeting at Busan, South Korea from 13th to 16th April 2012.
9. PUBLICATIONS : 10
10. INTRUCTION COURSES : MOSCON, Mahabaleshwar AND AIOS, Cochin
11. LIVE SURGICAL WORKSHOP: LATUR AND BJMC
12. NATIONAL INVITED SPEAKER AT LATUR, ROHTAK, AMRITSAR
13. INVITED REVIEWER: Archives of Ophthalmology , Journal of clinical ophthalmology & research, JAAPOS, OPRS
Dr. TEJASWINI WALIMBE
1) Participated & presented 2 videos on OLOGEN IMPLANT & COMBINED SICS WITH TRABECULECTOMY in WORLD OPHTHALMOLOGY CONFERENCE @ ABUDHABI 2012.
2) Presented work on trabeculectomy modifications in MOS conference @ Mahabaleshwar 2012.
3) Completed 2 phase 3 trials on Latanoprost as Principal Investigator.
Dr. PRASAD WALIMBE
1) Participated & presented 4 videos in surgical work on CONGENITAL GLAUCOMA & CONGENITAL CATARACT in WORLD OPHTHALMOLOGY CONFERENCE @ Abu-Dhabi 2012.
2) presented poster on SURGICAL TECHNIQUES IN PEDIATRIC CATARACT SURGERY in 8th INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM OF OPHTHALMOLOGY @ HongKong -Dec 2012.
3) Successfully completed the EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK in May 2012 along with Giripremi’s famous PUNE EVEREST EXPEDITION 2012 as support trekking member-doctor.
Dr. MADHAVI MEHENDALE
Received the prestigious State Government Pu.La.Deshpande award in the field of literature for her book titled “Daivee Pratibhecha Kalavant Michelangelo”.
The book is the first original ( not translated ) biography of the great sculptor in Marathi.
The award is in the form of a memento, Rs.25000 cash, and a certificate.
It was handed over to her at a glittering function in Mumbai at Ravindra Natya Mandir on 27th February 2013 at the hands of the Cultural Minister in the presence of our Chief Minister.
Dr. PRAKASH MARATHE (Past President, Poona Ophthalmological Society)
1) Elected as Hon. Secretary for Indian Medical Association, Pune ( 2012-2014)
2) Elected as Hon. Joint Secretary / Hon. Secretary for Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society ( 2012-2014 ). He will take over as Honorary Secretary MOS in 2013-14.
3) Received Sukhkarta Sanskrutik Pratisthan’s Kala Upasak Puraskar (for medical, social, educational & cultural contribution) at the hands of Ex. Vice Chancellor, Pune University, Dr. S. N. Nawalgundkar on 28th Jan.2013 at Patrakar Bawan, Navi Peth, Pune.
4) Worked as Organising Secretary for various Conferences by IMA – IDCON Conference 2012(at Hyatt), Focus Diabetes Conference 2013(at Corianthan Club), Women’s Health Conferece 2013 (at Westin)
DR. KULDEEP DOLE
Best paper in blindness prevention session AIOS
Dr. ASHOK MOOLANI
Gold medal by ISCRS, Chennai
Brig JKS Parihar SM,VSM, Prof and Head, Dept of Ophthalmology, Army Hospital (R&R) Delhi Cantt 110010, 09899282191
Has been awarded 7th International Prestigious Sardar Patel Award-2012 on 20 March at New Delhi for humble contribution in Medicine.
This award has been conferred by Prof. (Dr.) Satya Vrat Shastri noted sanskrit scholar and recipient of Padma Bhushan & Jnanpith awards respectively. Incidentally he was also awarded FAMS (Fellow National Academy of Medical Sciences in Oct 2012).
His association with AFMC and POS has great contribution in this journey as POS Satayavati Sahebrao Madan memorial award was the first ever to his credit, followed by MOS, NSPB Presidential Twice and so many others.
Presented case report on Lucentis in the management of Wet AMD AT 6th Retina Congress at Dubai , July 2012
Conducted CME – Management of Cystoid Macular Edema at Solapur ,July 2012
Conducted CME – Management of Cystoid Macular Edema at Kolhapur ,July 2012
Conducted CME – Management of Cystoid Macular Edema at Karad ,Aug 2012
Conducted CME – Management of Cystoid Macular Edema at Ahmednagar ,Sep 2012
Presented paper on Imaging & Prognosticating factors in surgical decision making in Diabetic Retinopathy – MOSCON Mahabaleshwar,Oct 2012
Attended 12th International AMD &Retina Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, Nov 2012
Management of Retinal Venous Occlusions, Retina CME , Pune,Feb 2013
Recent advances in OCT,Retina Update, Kashibai Navale Medical College, Pune, March 2013
It is my pleasure to inform you all that NIO, which is already an ISO certified organisation, recently got the N.A.B.H. accreditation. There are only 14 such small scale hospitals [mostly single speciality] certified by N.A.B.H. in entire India. NIO is the 3rd hospital in Pune to get this. We congratulate you Sir, Aditya Kelkar, Jai Joglekar Kelkar, Mrs. Aruna Kelkar and the NIO staff for this great achievement. Dr. Sandesh Doshi,
We are happy to announce that Dr. Jeevan Ladi, past President of POS and Chairman Scietific Committee of MOS, has been elected unopposed as the 2nd Vice President of Maharashtra State Ophthalmological Society.
We congratulate him for this achievement and wish him all the success! All the best Jeevan! In his tenure as President, MOS in couple of years down the line we are sure that POS will have opportunity to host another MOSCON if not AIOS Conference!
We congratulate him for this achievement and wish him all the success! All the best Prakash!