Know your President Dr. Sandesh J. Doshi
Dr. Sandesh J. Doshi, passed MBBS and MS (Ophth.) in 1982 and 1986 respectively, from B J Medical College, Pune in 1st attempts.
In 1987 he did 6 months Vitreo Retinal Fellowship under Dr. P.N. Nagpal, Ahmedabad and started his private practice at J. M. rorad in April 1988 as an Eye and Vitreo Retinal Surgeon.
In 1997 he had an opportunity to do a 3 months “Observer Fellowship in Advanced Vitreo Retinal Surgery” under eminent VR surgeon Dr. Carl Caes at A. Z. Middelheim Hospital, Antwerp, Belgium.
After returning to India he started his state-of-the-art Advanced Vitreoretinal Surgery centre at Yash Eye Clinic and Laser Centre, 114/A, Prabhat road, Pune – 411004. He excels in managing complicated Retinal Detachments requiring Vitrectomy and Silicon Oil injection surgery. Since 1999 he has been using EIBOS and PFCL- Silicon Oil exchange injection technique using automated VFI (Viscous Fluid Injector) system.
Curricular achievements: He has presented paper titled “ILM PEELING IN HIGH MYOPE APHAKIC PATIENTS WITH TOTAL RETINAL DETACHMENT WITH FULL THICKNESS MACULAR HOLE” in:
1. THE VITREO RETINAL SOCIETY OF INDIA CONFERENCE HELD IN JIM CORBETT PARK, 2003 AND
2. MAHARASHTRA OPHTHALMOLOGICAL SOCIETY CONFERENCE, JALNA IN 2003.
Extracurricular achievements: He has been active in extracurricular activities (Orchestra, Drama, Trekking, Skating, Skiing, Cycling etc.) since his medical college days. Some of his extracurricular achievements in the past & present are as under.
During Medical college days:
1. 1st Prize in ‘Snow skiing’ basic course, Gulmerg, 18th Feb – 10th Mar 1985.
2. 1st Prize in ‘Carrom Doubles’ in All India Inter-medical Youth Festival, Pulse 83, New Delhi.
3. 1st Prize in ‘Singing – Orchestra’ for consecutive 2 years (82-83, 83-84) in Gadagkar Intercollegiate Cultural Festival, Pune.
4. 2nd Best Instrumentalist prize in ‘Mandolin Playing’ in All India Inter-medical Youth Festival, Pulse 83, Delhi.
5. Consolation prize – Instrumental in ‘Mandolin Playing’ at Mood Indigo Cultural Festival, IIT Powai, 1984.
In 2011 – 2012:
1. 1st Prize in Pune Cycling Championship-Sinhagad Race, 15th Jan. 2012, (50+ age & Hybrid bike category)
2. 1st Prize in Cycling Race, in IMA Sports Meet 2011, Pune.
3. 1st Prize in Carrom Singles, in IMA Sports Meet 2011, Pune.
4. 2nd Prize in Carron Doubles, in IMA Sports Meet 2011, Pune.
5. 2nd Prize in Sinhagad Climbing, in IMA Sports Meet 2011, Pune.
6. 2nd Prize in Parvati Climbing, in IMA Sports Meet 2011, Pune.