Member’s achievements 2022-23
Dr. Ramesh Murthy: Received platinum award from AIOS and IJO for collaborative research work on mucormycosis.
Dr. Mandar Paranjape : Elected as Joint Treasurer, MOS during MOSCON 2022.
Dr. Prakash Marathe:
- Received ‘National President’s Appreciation Award’ at NATCON 2022, National Conference of Indian Medical Association HQ held at Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh.
- Received ‘POS Late Dr Asha Kelkar Award’ prestigious award of Poona Ophthalmological Society for exemplary selfless work for the Society over the years at POS Spectrum 2022 Conference.
- Invited Faculty at The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmology Conference (RANZCO 2022) at Brisbane, Australia in October 2022. Participated in launching of the Australia-New Zealand Chapter of International Society of Manual Small Incision Cataract Surgeons, during the conference.
- Participated as National, State Faculty, delivered talks and chaired sessions in various conferences.
Dr. Vijay Jathar: Won awards for his outstanding singing performances at several events.
Dr. Abha Kanade:
- Pune Eyecon : (April 2022).
- Panelist on Panel discussion , topic : Abnormal head posture.
- AIOC 2022.
- Convener of free paper session on Paediatric Ophthalmology session.
- SSI/ SPOSI Mid term held in Nagpur . ( June 2022).
- Presented a case of inferior rectus palsy. ( June 2022)
- DOS 2022 conference .( October 2022) Topic : Intermittent Exotropia.
- MOS 2022 (October 2022) a . Session on Strabismus , Topic : “When to operate in Intermittent Exotropia “, b. IC by Dr Geetanjali Sharma on “Back to Basics ” Topic Case based approach in squint .
Dr. Devika S. Joshi, Dr. Gaurav M. Karve and Dr. Shrikant D Joshi (2022) published book chapter ‘Clinical Perspectives on Gene Therapy for Retinal and Eye Diseases.’ in Gene Delivery systems Nano Delivery Technology. CRC Press. Page 115.
Dr Piyush Bansal: Was invited faculty at various national and international conferences like Retina Imaging Congress,MOS, WBOS etc and CFS iFocus PG teaching program. He won two OPL competitions and numerous awards for contribution to Indian Ophthalmology.
Miss Riyaa Kelkar :
- Silver medalist in vault I khelo India 2023 for artistic gymnastics.
- Bronze medalist in gymnastics federation nationals 2022-23′
Dr Jai Kelkar:
- 2 publications in IJO 2022-23.
- Video and paper selected for forthcoming APASCRS , Singapore.
- Performed live surgery at BOA 2023.
Dr. Aditya Kelkar:
- Won the prestigious Rhett Buckler award 3rd time in a row.
- Was invited guest faculty at Philippines national conference and published several articles in IJO.