Dr. Santosh Bhide : Presidential address
Respected senior colleagues and friends,
At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving me opportunity to serve POS by selecting me as the President of this prestigious organization.
Friends, all of us know that POS is one of the oldest associations of eye care professionals in India. All of us have been fortunate to have had talented and hard working Presidents in the past.
Let me assure you that I will work to the best of my ability and sincerety for making POS one of the finest organizations of ophthalmologists in our country.
The theme for this year (2013-2014) is UPDATE TO UPGRADE.
In this era of evidence based medicine, it is our moral responsibility as eye care professionals to practise protocol based medicine. Let us all update our knowledge to upgrade our practice.
This year we have planned a variety of scientific programs.
1. Besides various symposia and CMEs to be held through the year, the Annual Conference in December is being organized along with Annual conference of Strabismological Society of India. Theme of our annual conference is “Controversies, Challenges and Consensus in Ophthalmology”.
2. There will be an update on medico-legal aspects related to our day-to-day practice. This has become all the more necessary in view of increased litigations and threats of malpractice, and various legal and government requirements concerning our clinics and hospitals.
3. We have also planned an update on money matters, as we realize that we are good earners of money but are terrible managers of money and have poor knowledge of investment opportunities and options.
4. A symposium on contact lenses has also been planned.
We are fortunate to have the annual conference of the Vitreo-Retina society of India from 12th to 14th December in Lavasa.
Extracurricualr activities: All work and no play makes Jack (and Jill) a dull person.
1. We have planned a CME tour to Leh Ladakh in the month of June. This tour is from 1st June 2013 to 12th June 2013.Details are available on our web site.
2. We will also have different cultural activities such as Garba dance, Annual sports day, Cricket match, Orchestra and Drama .
3. We have planned two rallies for eye donation awareness and glaucoma awareness. Please participate in large numbers.
Friends I Sincerely appeal to you for your active and whole hearted participation in all of our activities as without you it all amounts to nought.
All your suggestions are welcome! These will definitely help us
Once again I thank you all and pray to the Almighty to give me strength to complete this gigantic task.
Dr. Santosh Bhide