POS MEMBER’s ACHIEVMENTS (2014-2015)
Dr. S. B. Kelkar was invited as faculty for IIRSI conference.
Mrs. Aruna Kelkar has done Kathak shows in Switzerland and Austria. She went there on diplomatic visa and her troupe was fully sponsored by Govt. of India.
Dr. Madhusudan Jhamwar: M.S.(Ophth),DOMS,(PN),DOMS(BOM),MORCE,FORCE,DSM,AFIMS
Chief Eye Surgeon, Pune Netra Seva Pratishthan.
1. Hon.Doctorate in Community Ophthalmic work by Vishwakarma Open University New Delhi
2. On his 40 years 0f work through Pune Netraseva Pratisthan, more than 1150 free eye camps for needy people, which includes diagnostic, cataract surgical and squint surgical camps throughout maharashtra.This work is recognised in Limca Book of Records three years consecutive 2010-11-12. He is the first to be confered in INDIA ON THIS SUBJECT.
3. ACOIN- (assosiation of community ophahalmologist of India).at kolkata 2014
* presentaion of “Experience of 140 surgical free squint camps in 30 year community
* Judge for freepapers of P.G
*Felicitated with Gold Medal at the hands of His Exellency Governor of West Bengal
Kamalapati Tripathi for extraordinary contribution in community ophthalmic work
4. PSSI, ANNUAL CONFERENCE at Pushkar-Bikaner 2014- Squint awareness in community through Free Diagnostic and Surgical camps -an experience of 30 years. –free paper
5. Special felicitation at the hands of Padmashree Dr. T.P. Lahane for outstanding community work in Squint by Maharashtra Arogya Mandal, Sane Gurujy Rugnalaya Hadapsar 2015
6. Published 30 articles of public interest in Marathi News paper LOKMAT on Eye care awareness in their weekly Health supplement NIRAMAY 2014-15
7. Recently IMA pune has nominated for social/community work award for 2014-15 for exemplery work.
Dr. Prakash Marathe– (Past President, Poona Ophthalmological Society)
Elected as Vice Presidentof Maharashtra Ophthalmological Society (2014-16) at MOSCON ?Solapur.
Elected as Vice President of Indian Medical Association, Pune (2015-16)
Received “President’s Appreciation Award” by IMA Maharashtra State at MASTACON 2014.
Dr Medha Prabhudesai
1. Invited as a faculty at Annual conference of DOS- April 2015
2. Invited as a Faculty at annual conference of MOS- October 2014
3. Nivedita award for best female entrepreneur for year 2014-15 by Bhagini Nivedita Bank
Dr Nitin Prabhudesai
1. Invited as a faculty at the annual conference of BOA -August 2014
2. Invited as a faculty at annual conference of MOS- October 2014
3. Invited as a faculty at Retina Master Class organised by Solapur Ophthalmological Society- January 2015
4. Invited as a faculty at Master Class in Optometry- February 2015.
Dr. Sandesh Doshi
1. Took part in 3 half Marathons including Pune International Marathon with 02:04 PB in Veterun.
2. Received 6th Runner up Prize in Mountain Triathlon in solo men category organized by NEF.
3. Did SCMM full marathon in PB 04:52.
4. Got 1st prize in Duathlon Phulgaon under 40+ category organized by Explore Adventures.
Dr. Aditya Kelkar
Invited as faculty for BOA, IIRSI, DOS, Asia Pacific Congress Jaypur & AIOC Delhi.
Publication of Case report in Ophthalmology in IJO.
Successfully completed Goa Marathon in Dec 2014.
Dr. Jai Kelkar
Invited as faculty for IIRSI, SSI & POSCON. Performed live micro incision cataract surgery in POSCON.
Publication of Case report in Ophthalmology in IJO & new version of book “Eyecare for Kids”.
Successfully completed Goa Marathon in Dec 2014.
Dr. Sanjay Patil
Elected as Hon Secretary of Indian Medical Association, Pune (2015-16)
Took part in Pune International Marathon & SCMM (half marathons)
Dr .Prasad Walimbe:
(A) 9TH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM OF OPHTHALMOLOGY(ISO 2013),Guangzhou,China (9-11 Nov 2013)-Posters (3)
· 1)Combined small incision cataract surgery with trabeculectomy (FP-000321)
· 2)Combined (small incision cataract surgery) with trabeculectomy with ologen implant (FP-000322)
· 3) Combined Trabeculotomy With Trabeculectomy In Congenital Glaucoma (FP-000323)
(B) Oration- Congenital cataract surgery (Kolhapur Ophthalm.Socy) (9 march 2014)
(C) Annual conference of Maharashtra state Ophthalmological Society (MOSCON 2014), Solapur ( 10-12 Oct 2014)
1) Management of Amblyopia.
2) Non surgical treatment of squint
3) Paediatric Intraocular Lens Power Calculations.
( D )7th annual conference of Poona Ophthalmological Society (FORESIGHT 2014),Pune ( 28-29 Dec 2014)
oration-Recent advances in management of Amblyopia.
(E) Trekking –
· Successfully completed EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK in May 2012 as part of doctor support team of PUNE EVEREST EXPEDITION 2012.
· Successfully completed Annapurna Base Camp ( ABC) and circuit trek in Greater Himalayas(Nov 2013)
· Successfully trekked CHAR DHAM YATRA (Gangotri,Yamunotri,Badrinath & Kedarnath ) just after recent floods & calamity in Uttaranchal in 2014
· Successfully trekked “Tunganath”in may 2014. (Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world and is one of the five and the highest Panch Kedar temples located in the Indian state of Uttarakhand)
Dr. Baban Dolas
RUNNING: Marathons (42.2 km) :
1. 24/8/14 Airtel Hyderabad Marathon in 5 hr 20 min.
2. 18/1/15 SC Mumbai Marathon in 4 hr 57 min
Half Marathons(21.1 km):
1. 25/5/14 The great Shivaji Half Marathon 21.1 km 2.23.29
2. 6/7/14 Late col. Godbole memorial run at ARAI HILL, Completed 21.1 km in 2hr18min.
3. 27/7/14 Pune Running Kharadi 21 K 2.25.10
4. Sep 14 Satara Hill Marathon 2hr 18 min (Hill Conqueror)
5. 7/12/14 Pune International Marathon : 1 hr 57 min Other:
1. 10/8/14 Pune Running Durshet 32 km in 3.45.31
29/11/2014 : Deccan Cliffhanger 400 miles (643 km) cycle race : Came overall fourth by completing race in 33 hr 30 min. The route was Pune Mahabaleshwar Satara Kolhapur Nipani Belgaon Kittur Belgaon Ponda with finish point at Bagmalo beach on Vasco road.
28/09/14 Pune Bicycle Championship. Pune Panchgani nonstop 100 km cycling with 3 major elevations of Katraj, Khambatagi & Pasarani. Came third in master (40 + age) hybrid cycle category by completing in 4 hr 13 min.
1000 Deccan Queen Pune-Kolhapur-Belgaum-Haveri return
Completed Long 4 digit kms BRM cycle ride of 1010 kms in 72 hrs day & night. Route was Pune Satara Kolhapur Belgaon Dharwad Hubali Haveri & back to Pune via same route. Target was 75 hrs with 5 controls in between to reach in stipulated time.
Completed SR, ‘Super Randonneur’ series by doing 200, 300, 400 & 600 km cycling in stipulated time.
Dr. Ridhima Bhagali
Completed official training in Femtosecond cataract surgery
Annual POS Conference
1. Live surgery-ICL
2. Invited talks
Anterior segment OCT
IOL power calculation post refractive surgery
AIOS 2015, Delhi
1. Chief instructor- Refractive dilemmas in high hyperopia
2. IOL power calculation in optically compromised corneas
Dr. Ramesh Murthy:
v Customer Service Award awarded to Axis Eye Clinic in recognition of excellence in the field of customer communication by What Clinic.com, Feb 2015.
v First Prize in POS Mrs Shubhada Narayan Kulkarni Quiz competition, 7th Annual Conference of the Poona Ophthalmological Society, Pune, 27th -28th December 2014.
v Best Academic Private Practitioner Award, MOSCON meeting, 10th -12thOctober 2014, Solapur.
INSTRUCTION COURSES AT All India Ophthalmological Society conference at New Delhi, MOSCON Solapur, All India Oculoplasty meeting, New Delhi.
Invited speaker at Miraj, Kolhapur, H V Desai Hospital, Mangeshkar Hospital, Jalna PUBLICATIONS
Peer reviewed: In Indian Journal of Ophthalmology, Indian Journal of Pediatrics, Journal of Clinical Ophthalmology and Research
Non Indexed: Journal of Clincal automation, Poster, AIOS CME series
Archives of Ophthalmology, Journal of American Association of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus.
Dr. Puja Goyal
1. Started an independent state of art facility named SEE Eye Clinic, exclusive centre for Oculoplasty and Facial Esthetics,non- surgical facial rejuvenation and ocular prosthesis lab.
2. Only oculoplastic surgeon to be chosen from western India for Advanced training in Facial Aesthetics under Dr. Maurecio De Mao, global leader in innovating newer techniques with dermal fillers in facial rejuvenation from Brazil.
3. Delivered invited talk on Eyelid injuries: Principles in maagement ‘MOSCON 2014’ Annual Ophthalmological Conference of MOS, Solapur.
4. Co- instructor for instruction course on ‘Pediatric Oculoplasty in a nutshell, topic: Management of Anophthalmos and Microphthalmos at ‘MOSCON 2014’ Annual Ophthalmological Conference of MOS, Solapur.
5. Delivered invited talk on “BOTOX for General Ophthalmologists” at ‘POSCON 2014’ Annual Ophthalmological Conference of POS, Pune.
6. Delivered invited talk on “Customized Ocular Prosthesis: Bringing back smiles!” at ‘POSCON 2014’ Annual Ophthalmological Conference of POS, Pune.
7. Won second prize at POS Late. Mrs. Shubhada Kulkarni Quiz at ‘POSCON 2014’ Annual Ophthalmological Conference of POS, Pune.
Dr. Natasha Pahuja
Had 2 Instruction courses at AIOC 2014
1. Management of Keratoconus a holistic approach
2. Innovations in the field of Ophthalmology
Had a paper in Asia ARVO and was a travel grant awardee.
Have a paper in World cornea congress (that happens once in 4 years!)
Have 2 papers and 1 IC in ASCRS.
Dr. Supreet Marathe S/o Dr. Prakash Marathe has been the University Topper for Super Speciality (M. Ch.CVTS, ?Cardiac Surgery) Examination conducted by Maharashtra University of Health Sciences.?He completed his M. Ch. from Seth G. S. Medical College and P. K. Sen Dept of Cardiac Surgery, K.E.M. Hospital , Mumbai.
Shreyas Datar, S/of Dr. Bhakti & Sameer Datar won the Gold Medal in 6th std. state level “Dr. Homi Bhabha Balvaidnyanik Spardha” and had the highest scores in the state for theory and practical exam.
Atharv, S/of Dr. Sanjay Tekawade won Silver Medal in same exam for 9th std. He had received Gold Medal in previous exam for 6thStd.