The Secretary’s report 2013-2014
2013-14 was indeed a great year for our society.
We had many academic and non-academic activities during this year.
I present to you in brief all activities of last year.
Academic Activities: Organized by POS
1. Contact Lens CME: 30th June, 2013, Ruby Hall Clinic
2. Medical Retina & Uveitis CME: 1st Sep, 2013, Poona Hospital
3. 6th Annual Conference of POS in association with 20th Annual Conference of Strabismological Society of India: 7th & 8th December, 2013, Hotel Le Meridian
4. Recent Advances in Glaucoma CME: 2nd March, 2014, Hotel Deccan Rendezvous
(All the above programs were granted MMC credit hours)
5. 6 Clinical meetings held (details as under) and Total 33 cases were presentated.
a. Hotel Deccan Rendezvous (20/4/13), along with CME on AMD,
b. Hotel J W Marriott (15/6/13) along with CME on Intravitreal Antibiotics.
c. BJ Medical College (28/6/13) along with a Guest Lecture: Dr.Anand Rahalkar.
d. AFMC (27/9/13) with a Guest Lecture: Brig. Dr. Banerji.
e. KEM Hospital (11/2/14) with a Guest Lecture: Mr.Bharat Phatak
f. Bharati Vidyapeth Medical College (23/3/14), along with PG Quiz.
Organized under aegis of POS
1. CME on AMD organized by NIO: 20th April, 2013
2. Cataract Live Surgery & CME on Cataract organized by NIO: 21st April, 2013
3. CME on Preferred Practice Pattern by DMH: 12th May, 2013
4. CME on Intravitreal Antibiotics, academic grants by Entod Pharma, 15th June, 2013
5. CME on Cornea & Glaucoma, academic grants by Pfizer, 23rd June, 2013
6. PG program on Glaucoma, organized by DMH: 7th & 8th Sep, 2013
7. CME on Refractive Surgery, organized by Sai Surya Netraseva with Guest speaker by Prof.Ionnis Pallikaris, 2nd Feb, 2013
8. PG program on Retina, organized by NIO, 16th March, 2014
9. PG Quiz, organized by Bharati Vidyapeth Medical College, 23/3/14
10. PG program on Cornea & Paediatric Ophthalmology, organized by DMH, 23rd March, 2014.
Public Awareness activities
1. Eye Donation rally, 25th August, 2013.
2. Glaucoma awareness rally, 9th March, 2014.
1. Leh-Ladakh trip, 1st to 13th June, 2013.
2. Trek to Purandar Fort, 29th September, 2013.
3. Chimanrao te Gandhi, standup show by Dilip Prabhvalkar: MES auditorium, 6th October, 2013.
4. POS Garba at Dr. Kelkar Hall, IMA building, 20th October, 2013.
5. POS Sports day & Cricket match at PYC Gymkhana, 22nd & 23rd February, 2014.
1. 2 issues of POSTER.
2. 1 Conference Souvenir.
3. POS Members Directory.
4. Diabetic Retinopathy Guidelines & Table Top reference guide, written by Dr. Udayan Dixit.
5. POS Constitution with all revisions.
6. Smart Card to members for electronically recording attendance.
7. POS Annual Calender, based on photo’s of Leh-Ladakh trip.
A Special GBM was held on 12th Jan, 2014 at Dr.Kelkar Hall, IMA Building to discuss & adopt mendment to byelaws of POS constitution.
I would like to thank all members for giving me an opportunity to serve as Honorary Secretary.
I sincerely thank all members of Managing Committee for their support in all activities of the society during last year.
I wish the new committee under the leadership of Dr. Meenakshi Bhagali all the very best.
Wish you & your family a ‘Happy Gudi Padwa & Prosperous New Year’.